Dec 8, 2012

Review: Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)Author: Jamie McGuire
Publisher: Atria Books 
Number of Pages: 319

Synopsis:

"INTENSE. DANGEROUS. ADDICTIVE.
Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.
Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants—and needs—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match."
Is this book intense you ask? Yeah..it is. Is it dangerous? Definitely! Is it addictive? HELL YEAH! I have read this book about...at least 4 times already, and I bet it will be more since I actually own a copy of this book.

YES! YES! YES! YES!!!!! I loved it. I was hesitant about reading this book, but then decided to just read it. I loved it. actually huge understatement, but I can't think of a word right now to describe what I feel for this book. I thought this book was just going to be totally slutty and all but it wasn't. That was sooo wrong.  I actually wanted to cry at some parts, but I have an inability to cry when I want to. The rating at the top might say 4 out of 5 stars, but the book actually got like a 4.9.

I loved Travis, he was probably the best part of this book. He was the perfect mixture of bad boy and sweet, romantic guy. Travis Maddox is such a lucky guy. He has the closest thing to a perfect family. His family didn't start that way but it got there eventually, and now they're are together and happy. Travis's brothers are the type of older brothers I want. The type I can count on for an argument when I'm mad. The ones who will make me laugh or smile when I'm down. My favorite parts of the book have got to be when Abby and Travis were at Travis's dad's house. I was upset with him at the end of the book for being an asshat to Abby, but that has got to happen. If Ms. McGuire didn't do that, Travis would be a god, and he would have a huge ego. That would not be good for the world.


Then....oh my god. Abby Abernathy is kind of a role model for me. She didn't put up with anyone's crap and she totally stood up for herself and was totally strong. I loved her guts at the beginning with her first meeting with Travis. She didn't want to impress him so she wore ugly clothes. YOU GO GIRL! I would never have the nerve to do that, even if I wanted to. She totally inspired me and I feel like I may be able to use some of her ways in my life. Making myself a stronger person. 


The only reason I didn't give this book a 5 is because at one part I wished Abby just wasn't as strong as she was and didn't care about her pride as much, I wouldn't have had to yell at Abby as much for her to get it together and get back with Travis. It would have saved my family from my pissed off I-don't-want-to-even-look-at-anyone mood. Well *sigh*, that was a total bummer. If it weren't for that tiny detail this book would have gotten a raging 5 out of 5. 




So after Travis Maddox, the other man in my life would have to be Tony Stark. Even he needs to read Walking Disaster, and I do too. So if there is anyway of getting that thing early I'm gunna do it. I will get that book! 

Rating; 4 out of 5 stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment