Dec 8, 2012

Review: Branded by Keary Taylor

Branded (Fall of Angels #1)Author: Keary Taylor
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars 

Here's the synopsis: 

"Jessica's had the nightmares for as long as she can remember. Nightmares of being judged for people who have died, of being branded by the angels. Her friends and family think she's a crazy because of it all. Yet she carries the mark of the condemned, seared into the back of her neck, and hides it and herself away from the world.
But when two men she can't ignore enter her life everything changes, including the nightmares. The two of them couldn't be more different. She will do anything to be with one of them. Even tell him the truth about angels, why she never sleeps, and the scar on the back of her neck. But one of the two has set events into motion what will pull her toward her own judgment and turn her into the object of her greatest fear."

Oh My God! Do I have a lot to say about this book. Throughout all the books I have read in my life that include angels or fallen angels, I have never read one that portrays all angels as evil. It doesn't matter whether their the angels of Hell or Heaven. In this book they did that. I didn't know, going into this book that it was going to be about angels. 

The synopsis didn't say much about what type of creature they were. I thought this was about the fey, or as in simpler terms, faeries. The whole branded, or silver designs on your body thing usually goes along with the whole fey thing. I really didn't like my whole image of angels changing, it really made me just want to put the book down, but I had gotten like halfway through it and it was pretty good so I finished it. 

Wanna know what I thought of this book? Well.....I EFFING LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!! <3 I really liked-no LOVED this book. If you sort of ignore the whole angels are evil thing it is an amazing book. I decided to not judge the book on the angels being bad thing because it's not fair to judge a book on the whole concept (even if I do that A LOT), but here the author was truly being creative. Keary Taylor really thought that people would enjoy the concept and people do! I'm just bias because I've never read a book like this. 

I really thought that Jessica was such a saint for being as kind as she is and having to endure the pain and nightmares that come along with those brands. If I were here I probably would have been a total bitch to everyone and wouldn't have given a damn about Sal. Yes, that is the sad truth. 

I loved Alex. He just seemed like a guy I would have loved to be friends. He apparently has the best smile which I can totally picture. I loved the sacrifice that he made at the end of book for Jessica. I thought I was going to cry. 

Cole......AGH! I'm not talking about him, He's an asshole, so screw him. This was an amazing, amazing, AMAZING book. I am already half way through the second book, Forsaken, it's not as good but still a lot of fun to read. 

These books are turning out to be emotional. I really hope that I won't be comparing the bad angel thing to Patch next week when Finale comes out. YAY!!! If it does, I will have to lower the rating down to a 1. I doubt it will though. GO READ THIS BOOK!!!!

This book is free for the kindle on Amazon, so you all might as well try it out. I doubt you'll regret it. Also, she will sign a copy for you if you email her at me@kearytaylor.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment