Dec 8, 2012

Review: The Summer My Life Began by Shannon Greenland

The Summer My Life BeganAuthor: Shannon Greenland
Publisher: Speak
Number of Pages: 250

Synopsis:
"Elizabeth Margaret--better known as Em--has always known what her life would contain: an internship at her father's firm, a degree from Harvard, and a career as a lawyer. The only problem is, it's not what she wants. So when she gets the opportunity to get away and spend a month with the aunt she never knew, she jumps at the chance. While there, Em learns that her family has some pretty significant secrets. And then there's Cade, the laid-back local surfer boy who seems to be everything Em isn't. Naturally, she can't resist him, and as their romance blossoms, Em feels that for the first time ever, she is really living life on her own terms."
REALLY GOOD! I'm serious! I started reading this once before, and I didn't really get into it. Then last night after I finished The One That I Want this was sitting on my night table next to me and I still had some time until I had to go to bed, so I started reading. 

It was really good! It was very different from what I imagined it would be. I expected for this to be about a girl who went to love with her Aunt for the summer had fall in love for the first time. It was so much more then that. It was about a girl getting experience freedom for the first time. Getting to live her life with minimal constraints for the first time. Along with dating and falling in love for the first time. 

It was such an inspirational book. It taught you to be who you are and pursue the career that you want, not want others want you to pursue. I loved the message in this book. Also, you could tell you the painter was, but I was very surprised with the family secret. That shocked me big time, it totally made up for the obvious painter. 

I loved this book. I totally recommend it for a summer read. Cade was such a cute guy, he was adorable! I loved how much of a romantic guy he was. I WANT HIM! Go read this book people!

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment