Aug 24, 2013

Review: Indelible by Dawn Metcalf

Indelible (The Twixt, #1)Author: Dawn Metcalf
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Number of Pages: 384

Synopsis:
"Some things are permanent.
Indelible.
And they cannot be changed back.
Joy Malone learns this the night she sees a stranger with all-black eyes across a crowded room—right before the mystery boy tries to cut out her eye. Instead, the wound accidentally marks her as property of Indelible Ink, and this dangerous mistake thrusts Joy into an incomprehensible world—a world of monsters at the window, glowing girls on the doorstep, and a life that will never be the same.
Now, Joy must pretend to be Ink’s chosen one—his helper, his love, his something for the foreseeable future...and failure to be convincing means a painful death for them both. Swept into a world of monsters, illusion, immortal honor and revenge, Joy discovers that sometimes, there are no mistakes.
Somewhere between reality and myth lies…"
Indelible is an amazing story with a rich world full of monsters in windows and glowing girls at doorsteps. 

I adored this book. It was amazing and I had a very hard time putting it down. The writing in this book is amazing. It's very clean, understandable, and I love Dawn Metcalf's writing style.
“Lehman?" Joy said. The word sounded familiar. "What does that mean?"Inq shrugged as she considered the overhead lights. "A human who has been chosen by one of our kind. Confidante, contact, significant ... ""Slave," Ink said dully."What?" Joy snapped."Or lover," Inq added. "It loses something in translation.” 
The whole storyline  and concept of this book is so unique and that is why I fell in love with this book. This book is a perfect example of why I love to read. This book had the whole package, amazing characters, amazing story, amazing EVERYTHING. Dawn Metcalf, can I have your mind for a few days???
“I was born with the Sight, Ink," she said, voice trembling. "So tell me, why were you the first person I'd ever seen from the Twixt?"
They stared at each other. His answer slipped through his lips.
"Because I saw you," he confessed. "And I couldn't look away.” 
This book didn't have a lot of romance but when it did I thought I was going to melt right where I was sitting. *sigh* I'm gunna gush over Ink for a moment. HE IS SO AMAZING! He's so innocent when it comes to love and when he is romantic you just want to hug him so hard that you squeeze the living daylights out of him! I'm gunna keep at that because I could go on forever about how much I love Ink. What can I say, he is just SOOOO AMAZING!! 
My heart beats only for Ink....I'm probably getting creepy now so let's continue with the review!

Joy is also an amazing character. I feel like I can relate to her with the decisions that she makes with many of the situations that she goes through. Of course she is a gymnast, and if I try to do a cartwheel I will end up hurting myself. 

This book is just so amazing, that I just kept reading and reading until I reached the end. Guys, I gasped in horror because the book was over. Also, I need the sequel or I might explode...

This book is a rich world full of creatures that are terrifying, beautiful, and definitely intriguing. This story is dark and bittersweet and will have you shivering in fear while you read this, yet you will be unable to put it down. The book definitely has the scary aspect of it. The only other book that scared me was Anna Dressed In Blood and that only at the end. I was hiding behind my pillow, peeking over the edge to read this. This book definitely nails the dark part of the story!

Overall, Dawn Metcalf has woven together an amazing book, which is definitely dark, it is definitely unique, and it is definitely one hundred percent amazing

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment