May 11, 2015

Review: Starting from Lost by S.K. Wills

Starting from Lost (Broken Beginnings, #1)Author: S.K. Wills
Publisher: Booktrope Publishing
Number of Pages: 245

Synopsis:
"Love is a risk. If you lose it all, would you dare to risk it twice? 
Hannah Rogers is lost: cynical, insecure, and withdrawn. Skeletons forged through a bad breakup that should have been a marriage proposal. Now four years later, Hannah follows her dead-end job to the big city where her only hope is to survive the next eight months as her flirtatious boss’s personal assistant. The last thing her predictable life needs is to collide with the boy responsible for breaking her heart, or the twist of fate that sends a sexy new neighbor to awaken feelings she’s long since put to bed. 
Alex Sorrento doesn’t have any room in his life for another pet project. He’s already put aside his career and his personal dreams to follow his half-sister Mackenzie to the big city. Lost in the guilt over the events that nearly took her life, he feels he owes her that much. When Mackenzie befriends the new girl on the third floor, Alex finds himself defenseless against the sizzling chemistry between them and the sadness in her eyes. Can he protect Hannah from her ex without losing his heart? 
In this turbulent journey about self-discovery, forgiveness, and love, some second chances aren’t worth taking, but others have their own rewards. "
I was going through my old emails when I realized I hadn't reviewed this book and I was shocked. I read this book 3 times since I got it! I just found it to be so cute!!

The plot of this book was pretty good, nothing I hadn't read before but it definitely had its own little quirks which can definitely steer a book away from the cliche labels. Wills did a fantastic job on her characters. Characters are what can make or break a book for me, usually I can't get very far into a book with shitty characters. Her characters were just...great. Mackenzie was probably my favorite character in the whole book...gosh is she perky.

I lived in New York City growing up and the memories that this book gave me...oh lord. I missed it so much. Wills just knows what she is doing when writing. Her writing is great and she just makes you want to fall in love. (Which my parents are totally not okay with considering I'm only 17...)

The only thing I wish the publisher's would do is give this cover a revamp. This cover does not do the book justice! I'm a person who is more likely to pick up a book with a nice cover and this only persuaded me with the synopsis. Come on publishers!! Give Alex and Hannah a cover they deserve!!

I keep checking for the second book in this series but I can't seem to find anything about it besides the fact that it is due to be out anytime in late 2015...THAT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH! I sincerely hope that it is a continuation of Alex and Hannah's book but with my luck it will be Mackenzie's book, which would be fine.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars!!
*A copy of this book was provided via Xpresso Book Tours and the author for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment