Jun 28, 2015

Review: Tamed by Emma Chase (Tangled #3)

18279145Author: Emma Chase
Publisher: Gallery Books
Number of Pages: 256

Synopsis:
"Stop me if you’ve heard this one before: girl meets player, they fall in love, player changes his ways.
It’s a good story. But it’s not our story. Ours is a lot more colorful.
When I met Dee I knew right away that she was special. When she met me, she thought I was anything but special—I was exactly like every other guy who’d screwed her over and let her down. It took some time to convince her otherwise, but turns out I can make a convincing argument when sex is at stake.
You might know where this story’s headed. But the best part isn't where we ended up.
It’s how we got there.
TAMED goes back in time to the Tangled days. But this time around, it’s not Drew dishing out the advice and opinions—it’s his best friend Matthew, who of course is dealing with Dee Dee."
Being the third book in the Tangled series I just had to read this book, and I'm so glad I did. It was a great story that was thankfully completely different than Drew and Kate's story. 

My favorite part of this story was the characters. I loved Dee's strong willed nature yet softness at heart. She's one of those people who doesn't care what other people think of her as long as she herself is happy, and that added a lot of spice and interest in the story. And I thought that Matthew was the perfect guy: funny, talented, and all around sweet. So, even though they were completely different, I thought Matthew and Dee were perfect for each other. 

I also loved the plot, and I thought every conflict that arose was not too predictable but very realistic. But, my only thing was that there were some things while I was reading that I disagreed with. It wasn't anything that was directly related to the plot, but there were certain comments in the narration that annoyed me or put me off to the characters. Like the author commented how The King's Speech was such a girl's movie, which I would totally disagree with, but let's not get into that. 

Overall, I liked this book because it had a good plot and strong characters. I know those little things in the narration are nothing but difference in opinion, but they annoyed me sometimes and kind of put me off to the book. 

Anyways, I would recommend this to anyone who has read the first two books in the Tangled series because it doesn't disappoint. This is NA/Adult so anyone thinking of picking up the Tangled series make sure you are comfortable with that much romance.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment